High Environmental Quality and its targets
High Environmental Quality is based on four general targets:
1. Eco-construction target
2. Eco-management target
3. Comfort target
4. Health target
The first two relate to the impact the building may have on the environment, on a world, regional or local level. The latter two relate to the environmental conditions provided for the user or the inhabitant, inside the building.
These generic targets in turn break down in the following manner:
1. Physical relationship of the buildings with their immediate environment.
2. Integrated choice of construction processes and products.
3. Low-pollution site.
4. Energy management.
5. Water management.
6. Business waste management.
7. Upkeep and maintenance.
8. Hygrothermic comfort.
9. Acoustic comfort.
10. Visual comfort.
11. Olfactory comfort.
12. Health conditions.
13. Air quality.
14. Water quality.
The partition product affects the following six targets:
- Target 2: Integrated choice of construction products, systems and processes.
- Target 3: Low-pollution site.
- Target 6: Business waste management.
- Target 7: Upkeep and maintenance management.
- Target 9: Acoustic comfort.
- Target 13: Air quality.