Integrated choice of construction products, systems and processes.
This target emphasizes a building's adaptability and sustainability achieved via the choice of construction products and processes (building components and equipment) taking into consideration the flexibility of the internal spaces in the building to adapt to changing use and the future development of the different parts of the building.
In addition, this target requires the use of component products which create the conditions for eco-management (energy, water and business waste management) ambient comfort (hygrothermic, acoustic, visual and olfactory). There must also be a choice of products which create the lowest possible levels of waste, and where such waste can be re-claimed as far as possible when it is processed (recovery and re-use, materials reclaimed or re-cycled).
These environmental and health impacts are described over the full lifecycle. The products' contribution to these impacts is defined by ten indicators according to standard NF P 01-010. An EHDS (Environmental and Health Declaration Sheet) gives the quantitative results of the products' contribution based on these ten indicators.
Clestra Hauserman's contribution to target 2
- Our partition modules are built to measure according to the design of each building, thus allowing complete modularity, all partitions being interchangeable, depending on the installation's changing requirements. All of this without destruction, without mess, allowing users to continue their activity where necessary. When a transformation is carried out, the materials are 100% recoverable.
- The durability of the monoblock partition and its intrinsic performances (acoustic, fire, aesthetic), however frequently it may be removed and re-fitted. Consequently, the adaptability, flexibility and durability of the building's interior spaces are guaranteed, whilst maintaining the same level of acoustic, aesthetic and fire performances.
- The sustainability and re-usability of our partitions: major savings in resources and energy. Reduced disturbance and discomfort when modifications are carried out to installed partitions.
- Panels and doors are sized to allow them to be moved without the need for cutting or new fittings: no waste and no production of replacement components.
- Range of accessories which can be re-positioned and re-used as desired without damage, either to the accessory or the support (= the partition) = sustainability and longevity both for the accessories and the partitions.
- The acoustic insulation of our partitions is laboratory-tested and exceeds all standards in force.
- A major plus in our product development is the research into, and design of glazed components to offer occupants more natural light and maintain the views intended by the building's architecture - with an aesthetic and functionality which meet the requirements of the office user.
- SNFA is currently preparing a collective EHDS. Clestra Hauserman has drawn up its own EHDS for the Synchrone blank partition product. Clestra Hauserman's Research and Development department is available to give assistance on methods for calculating and exploiting the EHDS results.
Clestra Hauserman has also certified:
- Its environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14 001.
- Its quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001.
Its products have obtained European Technical Approval (ETA).